I'm getting ready to head out with the hubby to run errands, but I wanted a share some highlights of the past week before I officially sign off for the weekend. After all, it's always important to focus on the good and stay positive!
- I am simply loving my new job! The environment, the people, the work—it's exactly what I need right now. I can't wait to see where this journey is going to take me! Need I also mention that one of the perks of working on this campus entitles me to complimentary tuition coverage? Who's going to be taking a few cooking and food sciences classes this year? THIS GIRL!
- I mastered perhaps the most technologically advanced stapler I've ever encountered in my life. On my first day, my boss warned me that until I get properly trained on our system's database (which I will be traveling to Indy for next Wednesday), the projects I'll be working on will be "far beneath my intellectual capacity". He thinks me are smart! But then he handed me this obnoxious stapler that had to have been engineered by NASA and after 10 minutes of wrestling with it, I still couldn't figure out how to load new staples. So I hid it in my desk drawer and decided to bring back the lost art of paper clips. However, with over 100 packets to assemble, I quickly realized that paper clips were not going to cut it in this job. So finally, after four days of pretending like loading a stapler was beneath my intellectual capacity, I successfully got it to work. I almost wanted to run into my boss's office and be like, "AREN'T YOU GLAD YOU CHOSE ME OUT OF ALL THE OTHER APPLICANTS?"
- It poured rain for HOURS last night. All afternoon I tracked a large storm system on Weather.com, taking bets with Clayton and my sister that the severe weather was going to pass right over us (storms have a disappointing habit of breaking up or completely disappearing by the time they reach our county). Well, I was totally wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Right around 5:30 p.m., the sky turned ominous and trees started bending sideways in the wind. Of course, I was driving home at the time and had zero visibility as I snailed my way down the highway. My clothes were soaked through to my undergarments (sexy), and my hair looked like I just got out of the shower by the time I ran the 20 feet from my car to the front door of my house. Softball was obviously cancelled, so Clayton and I spent our evening lounging in bed and listening to the thunder. I find few things more relaxing than waiting out a storm.
- I'm truly embarrassed to admit that I watched every episode of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo on TLC this week. I think that family represents everything that is wrong and truly hilarious with our country today. I love mindless TV.
- I ate fast food almost daily when I was in college. But now that I've lost my Freshman 15 and have adopted a much healthier lifestyle, I no longer fill up on greasy bags of food handed out a drive-thru window. However, I'm human. And I get cravings. Though it was once a regular staple in my diet as a college student, I haven't had a Burger King Whopper in about 3 years. But I haven't forgotten how good they taste! It's okay to indulge your junk food cravings in moderation (of course!), so a few days ago Clayton took me to Burger King and split a Whopper with me. I satisfied my taste for flame-broiled goodness and because I only ate half of the calorie-packed sandwich, I didn't have any guilt! And lemme tell ya, it was just as good as I remembered it!