Snowy Courtney Confessions
It snowed today and cold, wet weather makes my heart sad. That being said, I’m too sleepy/lazy to finish my recap of our first salsa dance class. So that leaves us with another round of Courtney Confessions in the meantime. Enjoy!
- I'm a huge animal lover, but sloths seriously freak me out (Could you imagine if Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds was really The Sloths?... or worse yet, The Squids!?). There’s nothing cute about this picture. It looks like this sloth broke in through someone’s window and started making long distance phone calls.
- I am overly sensitive to the perceived tone of other people’s email correspondences (especially if they type in all caps) and can easily feel like I'm being yelled at. So whenever I find myself in a tense situation, I re-read my emails at least twice before I hit “send” to make sure I don’t sound mean or condescending. I wish other people would do that before emailing me, too. That being said, I’m going to invent an email screening software that asks you a series of questions every time you want to send out an angst-filled message. When you click “send”, that action will trigger a little warning box that will pop up and say, “You’re kind of coming across like a d**k, are you sure you want to send this?” And if you click “okay”, it will say, “Really? You must not deeply value your relationships with other people. Good luck with everything.”
- Moments of extreme mushiness make Clayton’s skin crawl. Sappy things like writing poetry or standing outside my bedroom window with a boom box over his head are not my hubby’s forte. Don’t believe me? Ask him what’s the most romantic movie he’s ever seen and I can guarantee you his answer will be Terminator 3. That’s why when he actually says something sentimental or Notebook-worthy to me, it stops me in my tracks and makes my heart go all aflutter… just like the chicks in all of those sappy rom coms I can’t stand.
- I added the Glee Karaoke app to my iPod Touch last night … and then promptly deleted it when I played back my rendition of “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” and heard how horrible I sounded.
- Whenever Clay has a 12-hour work day and I’m left to my own devices for dinner, 99% of the time I will always make a bowl of black beans and brown rice. It provides me with a nice, healthy meal and furthers my suspicions that if I weren’t married, I’d be a vegetarian.
- When I was running 5 miles of hill repeats on my treadmill last night, I got bored and decided to entertain myself by getting into a screaming match with Joey (who was chewing on his tug-a-war on the floor next to me). We taught him to “speak” when he was a puppy … and have regretted that decision ever since.
- I had lunch with a friend today and we got into a discussion about how some people prefer spending time alone. She confessed that at times she wished she could clone herself and just take her clone everywhere she went so she wouldn't have to worry about trying to socialize with someone she didn't know that well. It was, quite honestly, the best idea I've ever heard in my entire life.