I'm baaaaaack!

Ugh, I am like, the absolute worst blogger ever.  Not posting for over a week is a huge blogging no-no.

And quite frankly, I'm out of excuses.

A few things happened towards the end of last week that totally harshed my mellow and made me Mrs. Cranky Pants for a few days.  And I don't like blogging when I'm cranky because it usually ends up being a post about how I feel fat or about how much I hate everyone or about how much I hate everyone because I feel fat.

So there was that and work ... my gosh, there was work. So. much. work. I know that's a terribly stupid thing to say because anybody with a job has days where there is a lot to do, but during the end of last week and the beginning of this week, I thought I was going to D-I-E from working.  Last Thursday I did my normal 8 a.m.–5 p.m. thing, and then came home and immediately plopped down in front of my laptop to work on freelance stuff.  5 hours later, I realized that I had been working non-stop all day.  And for what reason? At 11:45 p.m., I finally powered down my laptop and shuffled to bed, unfed and without having said more than three sentences to my husband. I was suddenly overwhelmed by how stupid it all was and how unhappy I was working this much.

The next morning I composed a polite email to my freelance boss and told her that it was time for me to call it quits. Since taking on almost full-time hours with the press, it was starting to take me longer and longer to finish my colorist projects.  I told my boss that wasn't fair to her or her company.  Then I mentioned that working two almost full-time jobs was taking up all my spare time and that wasn't fair to my husband ... or me.  I graciously thanked her for the opportunity to be a freelancer, and I'm actually pretty sad to see it go.  The freelance gig fell out of heaven and into my lap right when I needed it most. It rescued me from my horrible, soul-crushing job at the advertising agency and gave me the opportunity to leave a very negative situation.  It provided us with good financial stability while allowing me to be at home full-time, and I will eternally be thankful for that.

I am now officially a one-trick pony again.


It was weird coming home on Monday night and not having to sit down and do more work.  In fact, I didn't really know what to do with myself and all my newfound free time.  I sat down on the couch and whined to Clayton about how I was bored.

Surprisingly little has happened to us in the past week. There have been lots and lots of softball games to make up because starting any sort of outdoor activity in April is just a silly idea and almost half of our season got rained out.

Is it sad that not much else has happened? I mean, there have been some minor incidents that have been entraining, but nothing worth gushing about to anyone. Clay and I went caving last weekend and made the stupid mistake of watching Sanctum beforehand.  So I was a little tweaked out floating in a boat 100 feet underground, surrounded by complete blackness and albino crawdads.  Then I made the even dumber mistake of thinking about the giant squid and well, things kind went downhill from there.

Also, my tail bone has been hurting me on and off lately. A first I thought maybe it had something to do with running, but then I had to remind myself that I don't run on my butt.  So I'm not sure what's causing it.  Clayton thinks it might be because I'm sitting down for several hours a day on a much less padded buttocks that I used to have.

However, I'm convinced it hurts because I'm sprouting a tail.


  1. Clayton suggested that to me! He said I should get one of those little inflatable rings that people sit on when they have a hemorrhoid. If that isn't sexy, I don't know what is!


Post a Comment